BY: David Rutz
MSNBC played a clip of screaming protesters at Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court confirmation hearing on Tuesday at the same time that Sen. Kamala Harris (D., Calif.) took exception to them being called "hysterical."
"There is so much on the line and so much at stake, so to suggest that people who understand the seriousness of this and are protesting the lack of transparency, the lack of due process, to suggest that they're hysterical is really to throw out a red herring and not deal with the real issue," Harris said on "All In with Chris Hayes."
Simultaneously, MSNBC aired footage of women, including far-left activist and Women's March co-chair Linda Sarsour, being hauled out of the confirmation room on Tuesday as they screamed for Kavanaugh to be stopped.
MSNBC anchor Chris Hayes also played a clip of Sen. Ben Sasse's (R., Neb.) opening statement on Tuesday, during which he said people are "going to pretend" Americans do not remember "screaming protesters" at every Supreme Court hearing for decades.
"What's the hysteria coming from? The hysteria around Supreme Court confirmation hearings is coming from the fact that we have a fundamental misunderstanding of the role of the Supreme Court in American life now," Sasse said.
Harris took issue with Sasse's use of the term "hysteria" to refer to women protesting.
"I think it's a mistake to refer to women who are using their voice to protest a flawed process, to refer to them as hysterical," she said. "There is a whole line of discussion and writings on how the word hysteria has been used to talk about women who own their power."
small 'Dinidolivia' Dune bag Multicoloured grab Harris was the first lawmaker to interrupt the proceedings on Tuesday in an orchestrated Democratic effort to protest their lack of time to review newly released documents pertaining to Kavanaugh's service in the George W. Bush administration. She and other Senate Democrats have called for the hearing to be postponed, to no avail.
OK, now THIS is hysterical: At around 2:45 in this video, Sen. Harris is explaining how calling the protesters "hysterical" is a red herring, and just then @chrislhayes's producers begin playing video of a couple of protesters literally screaming at the hearing. Great timing! https://t.co/Z0E98FMiJR
— Jeryl Bier (@JerylBier) September 5, 2018
Furla Leather Tote Handbag Black Crossbody TwSTntqxr MAKES IT EASIER TO STAY INFORMED
- Grow your email list exponentially
- Dramatically increase your conversion rates
- grab Dune 'Dinidolivia' bag small Multicoloured Engage more with your audience
- Boost your current and future profits
- Dem Senator Feinstein Dismisses SCOTUS Ruling On Gun Ownership Free Beacon
- Mansion Global Daily: Vietnam's Rising Value, Singapore's Slumping Sales and More Mansion Global
- Kendall Jenner Buys Emily Blunt and John Krasinski’s Hollywood Hills Mansion for $6.5 Million Multicoloured Dune grab bag 'Dinidolivia' small Mansion Global
bag 'Dinidolivia' small Dune Multicoloured grab'Dinidolivia' Dune bag Multicoloured grab small 10 of the world's biggest unsolved mysteries Mother Nature Network
- 25 surreal images and videos of Hawaii's Kilauea volcano eruption Environmental News and Information | MNN - Mother Nature Network
- "The Most Reliable VPN In China - 9 Years without Crashing " astrguide.com